The inevitable happened.
I used a quote a second time.
I have a hard time finding quotes that give me ideas. I find tons of great and motivational quotes and I even have a list of ones that I really like. The problem is that they give me nice visuals one day, and nothing the next.
Today is an Inktober / Drawlloween flavor of an Elon Musk quote I used a while ago.
“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
It is true.
Think of all the challenges you never thought you would overcome. Getting a job… or maybe a better job. Maybe the challenge was something you did NOT do… get arrested, go to jail, get fired.
Our lives are filled with challenges; some easy, some hard. If it is important that you overcome the challenge, you will. You might never know how you did it but you will do it and you will survive.
An example is being a single parent. Try working two jobs to provide for your child. Maybe even take night classes so you can quite one in a few years. Many people are living this life, some with more than one child.
Another example is being a survivor of a horrific event. All of your friends/family are gone, you are the only one left. You are a shell of a person just living off the routine you had. The events of the past few months are leaving many in this situation.
Maybe you are a recovering addict. Maybe you had to move because there would be no way for you to recover where you were living. No job, no friends, no family, no support. Another life that many people are living.
All of these are realities.
It might be yours.
It might be your neighbors.
It might be reality for the guy who serves your coffee.
And in order to survive, you will do what you need to… WHATEVER is important for you to survive.
Yesterday (Wednesday) started out pretty well.
The good started on Tuesday. I got paid for PAX (earlier than expected -WOOT) and paid for my part time gig. I was able to plan out how to take care of some bills.
Tuesday evening was productive, painted and ordered postcard prints of a few of my creations. Even though it was cold, I dyed my hair purple. I got things done and was pleased with my progress.
Work was pretty easy (Wednesday.) There are still things I am not sure about with the job, but I can count things (most of the time!) Even the ride back home was mellow. I got to chat with a new co-worker.
Then the financial issue rears it’s ugly head. Now I have no access to my pay checks to order prints or post new art on Etsy. I have a few dollars in cash and I just put money on my bus card (thank goodness.)
When (if) the bank calls me back, I can try to get things coordinated again. Forward movement is great. Being stuck in a pit or haning off a broken rope bridge is not fun. It is worse when there are things activly pushing you back down. Be it slippery pit walls or Mola Ram trying to take your heart out, up and out is the goal.
In art related news:
- Today is new time lapse thursday! Check out my Youtube Channel for the new video! Subscribe so I can get a personalized URL 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42kveNaEeIK0qrF4KeFU7A
- Stuff is on Etsy. I have some prints and several original creations.
- I am looking for feedback on improving my listings.
- I hope that you will share my store with people who are interested in buying art.
- I have two creations on my table. Both are in preparation for Jet City Comic Show.
- I have a whole bunch of others in the final stages of planning. Even a few for Inktober.
Up Coming Events!
- Spooked in Seattle Bizarre Bizaar – October 28th. I will be selling the spookiest of my creations, including some new ones (duh!)
- Jet City Comic Show – November 4th and 5th. I am a guest of TerraCrux Games! Nerdy Fan art will be on sale. Plus help me pay for Holiday RAWk by purchasing a print pack!
- Holiday RAWk – December 13th. My second attempt to particpate in a RAW Seattle event. This time there is a lot of notice and I will be creating Christmas and other Holiday season art for this.
As soon as I have my finances straight I will be setting up print packs. They will be on sale on Facebook and Etsy as well as any events I am able to do. Remember support a living artist. We need the money and acknowledgement. The dead artists are well past those needs. ❤