I do not think so….
Maybe a checklist to double check.
I finally have ALL my available Christmas stuff in the store.
Even one that got overlooked yesterday, which is the one for the video!
It is in the store! There are prints and greeting cards available for it.
I added stuff to the gallery, including two new pages. One for my Acrylic paintings (more to be added) and a page for Misc art, such as colored pencil, gouache, and the random things I end up making.
I uploaded a bunch of art to Pinterest.
I might add stuff to DeviantArt later, it is not high on my list.
I should update my Facebook Albums also..
There is so much to update! I spend almost 3 hours updating things for every new painting I do.
Writing blog post
New video is available on my Youtube!
- It is nice to change up what I paint. This was a lot less “fiddly” than the portrait style paintings I usually do.
Do not forget to subscribe and like!
In order to get a custom URL I need subscribers and likes. If its a huge help when you take that millisecond to click.
- I posted to Patreon yesterday, so I do not have to do that today.
- If you want to see what I posted you will have to support me on Patreon, even a $1 will unlock early views and secret videos.
I think that is it.
Time to work on more art!
- Bizzare Bazaar in Seattle at Spooked in Seattle on October 28th. Stop by and see me and my creepiest art.
- Right after that is Jet City Comic Show, November 4th and 5th. I will have my nerdiest creations, plus the rest that I usually have. I do not really want to make tons of fan art. I would rather make things that are new and different.
- I am still going to do RAWk Seattle on December 13th at Studio 7. Let me know if you would like to support my entry by purchasing a ticket.
I used the below image as reference for the drawing. I wish I could find the link, but it is not showing up. I cannot recall what search criteria I used. I only did the first four. After that is is either Barry or Wally in the suit and in all reality the only thing that changed was the style it was drawn in (and lightning bolts / redish engergy aura.)
Yesterday (Wednesday) started out pretty well.
The good started on Tuesday. I got paid for PAX (earlier than expected -WOOT) and paid for my part time gig. I was able to plan out how to take care of some bills.
Tuesday evening was productive, painted and ordered postcard prints of a few of my creations. Even though it was cold, I dyed my hair purple. I got things done and was pleased with my progress.
Work was pretty easy (Wednesday.) There are still things I am not sure about with the job, but I can count things (most of the time!) Even the ride back home was mellow. I got to chat with a new co-worker.
Then the financial issue rears it’s ugly head. Now I have no access to my pay checks to order prints or post new art on Etsy. I have a few dollars in cash and I just put money on my bus card (thank goodness.)
When (if) the bank calls me back, I can try to get things coordinated again. Forward movement is great. Being stuck in a pit or haning off a broken rope bridge is not fun. It is worse when there are things activly pushing you back down. Be it slippery pit walls or Mola Ram trying to take your heart out, up and out is the goal.
In art related news:
- Today is new time lapse thursday! Check out my Youtube Channel for the new video! Subscribe so I can get a personalized URL 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42kveNaEeIK0qrF4KeFU7A
- Stuff is on Etsy. I have some prints and several original creations.
- I am looking for feedback on improving my listings.
- I hope that you will share my store with people who are interested in buying art.
- I have two creations on my table. Both are in preparation for Jet City Comic Show.
- I have a whole bunch of others in the final stages of planning. Even a few for Inktober.
Up Coming Events!
- Spooked in Seattle Bizarre Bizaar – October 28th. I will be selling the spookiest of my creations, including some new ones (duh!)
- Jet City Comic Show – November 4th and 5th. I am a guest of TerraCrux Games! Nerdy Fan art will be on sale. Plus help me pay for Holiday RAWk by purchasing a print pack!
- Holiday RAWk – December 13th. My second attempt to particpate in a RAW Seattle event. This time there is a lot of notice and I will be creating Christmas and other Holiday season art for this.
As soon as I have my finances straight I will be setting up print packs. They will be on sale on Facebook and Etsy as well as any events I am able to do. Remember support a living artist. We need the money and acknowledgement. The dead artists are well past those needs. ❤
I suck at sales
I am sure I have said this many times, and will continue to say it. I am pretty terrible at sales.
I could not sell water to a dehydrated billionaire in the desert. Even if it was their “brand” at their “price.” I just suck at it.
Being scouted for the RAW Seattle event serves to remind me at how bad I am at it.
It is frustrating.
I do not know what I do/say or don’t do/say that make it hard for people to buy things from me, but it is there. Like some sort of intangible field around me.
Since I have constantly had failures at selling a variety of things, news paper to knives, even art, I have a healthy dislike for selling things.
They say you should start with your friends and family. Practice on them…
All I really know is that I feel like I am harassing my friends and family. “Support Me!” “Buy my stuff!” “Pay attention to me.” “Give me money.”
I feel like I should just do a “GoFundMe” and beg strangers for money. Though, with my track rate it would not get past a pity donation. But it would be passive sales and I would not have to keep pushing people, who I genuinely like, for the sale.
Today I “hit up” about 90% of my Facebook contacts to buy tickets to the RAW Seattle art show. I am not going to say how few that is. This whole selling thing makes me embarrassed at how small the number of contacts I have. (Quality over quantity – right?)
I got a few friends that responded right away. I love those friends. They made it so easy and even though I feel bad about “hitting them up” they made me feel a teeny bit less bad. (Just got my first sale! She gets an extra print of her choice! Yippie!) It still feels wrong to bother people for these kinds of things.
You should notice what kind of words I use… it is important. “hit up,” bother, beg, push. That is how I think about sales. It is pretty negative and aggressive. I do not like to be that way.
I would rather ask if you would do something than try and sell you on the idea of it. Sneak it in during a conversation, vs just walking up and saying “Wanna buy some tickets?” I find it hard to initiate conversation with others that I do not know reasonably well.
Funny side note. Imagine two introverts hanging out at a coffee shop. Both not sure on what to say to initiate a conversation. Been there, it was awkward. Thankfully we moved past that and are good friends now, only slightly awkward conversations over chai.
In the end I did it. I am pushing myself to sell these tickets to the show. Because it is important to me. You can do amazing things when properly motivated.
PS. Check out the link to support me buy buying a ticket for the RAW Seattle FIXATE show. http://www.rawartists.org/artbycarissac